For those who think that you cannot make a complete breakfast for children without gluten, dairy or eggs, here is this simple and delicious recipe for children for breakfast with oats, seeds, chocolate and banana.
With this recipe Zuzana Pinillo, from 'Beyond gluten', You can get a balanced and different breakfast to teach children that with vegan and vegetarian recipes you can also eat healthy.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon tahini or nut butter or margarine
- ½ cup of non-dairy milk (eg coconut)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey, xylitol, or agave
- 2 tablespoons quinoa or oatmeal
- A little vanilla
- Fruits for garnish
1. Peel the banana, put it on a plate or in a cup and mash it with a fork.
2. Add the tahini (or butter or nut margarine), cocoa and honey, stir well.
3. Add the milk, stir well.
4. Incorporate the chia seeds, stir to distribute.
5. Add the quinoa or oat flakes, mix until homogeneous.
6. Cover and let it rest in the fridge (at least an hour; I prepare it at night and let it rest overnight). It thickens.
7. It can be heated carefully - up to a temperature of 40%. Garnish and serve. Bon Appetite!
Blog Beyond Gluten
Vegan recipes, gluten free and sugar free.
Contributor to our site
You can read more articles similar to Vegan breakfast with oatmeal, chocolate and banana, in the category of Cereals on site.