The buttercream is a butter or margarine cream that is used primarily in dessert recipes to coat and decorate buns, cakes, muffins or cakes. It is also known as American Cream and is ideal for baking.
Buttercream can be made very easy at home with butter or margarine and sugar. With this strawberry cream you can decorate desserts for your children, for example birthday cakes or rich cupcakes of different flavors.
- 250 grams of butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 300 grams of icing sugar
Tips: to make a Nutella buttercream, add three tablespoons of nutella instead of the food coloring and flavoring.
1. Pour the butter or margarine into a bowl and top with the icing sugar. Also add the two tablespoons of milk.
2. Beat the mixture in the bowl until smooth.
3. Add the food coloring and strawberry flavoring to the mixture in the bowl. Or if you prefer, coloring of another color and another different aroma.
4. Mix everything well using the mixer.
5. Continue the process until the mixture sets and acquires a tone and texture similar to that of the photograph. And you already have your buttercream to decorate desserts!
Estrella Núñez Fuertes
Member of the Spanish Association of Cake Designers
Blog Sugar Tres Cantos
Contributor to our site
You can read more articles similar to Homemade buttercream recipe for kids, in the category of Cakes - cakes on site.