Sweets are the protagonists of Christmas for children. During this magical time they enjoy the Roscón de Reyes, the polvorones, the marzipan ... and of course, the nougat, one of the most traditional sweets of these days.
Along with the traditional ingredients of almond nougat, we recommend including fruits such as walnuts and figs, because in addition to making the most original sweet, they have numerous beneficial nutrients for children's health.
- 160 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of honey
- 100 grams of almonds
- 100 grams of walnuts
- 1 egg white
- 2 wafer sheets
- A 10x15x1 cm mold
1. Mix the sugar with the honey in a saucepan and cook it over high heat. Stir very gently with a wooden spoon.
2. Add the pieces of the peeled and toasted nuts.
3. Beat a white to the point of snow and add it to the mixture. Also add the finely chopped figs.
4. Chill mixture on plate until lukewarm and manageable.
5. Fill an aluminum plate with the mixture and put a wafer plate at the bottom. Smooth the top of the bowl containing the mixture and place the other plate.
6. Let it cool for a few hours before unmolding it.
You can read more articles similar to Nougat of almonds, walnuts and figs, in the category of Recipes on site.